A Pinterest collaborative board can be very useful to teachers. You can have students create boards on specific topics, have them work in groups, create presentations, and so much more!
Ideas for Using Pinterest Collaborative Boards for Teachers
Planning – are you planning a science project, community service project, school dance, or some other school activity that requires you to collaborate with others? Invite other committee/team members to join you on the Pinterest collaborative board where you all can collect and share ideas for the project.
Authoring – are you having your students write a research paper, book report, or an online newspaper? Create a collaborative board to contribute ideas for the written project.
Collaborating – do you have your students work together in groups? You can use collaborative boards to share cross curricular information, materials, and resources. You can also make a secret board if the group doesn’t want to share the information with other people at the present time.
Creating a Pinterest Collaborative Board
- Create a new board or edit a board you have already created.
2. Name your board and complete the other information. When you get to the last section, Collaborators, you can add email addresses of the people you would like to have contribute to your board. (NOTE: The collaborator must be following you!)
3. You can also invite contributors by clicking on the red invite button.
4. The person you invite will receive an invitation through their Pinterest messaging system. This is the invite that I sent to my other Pinterst account. If you enlarge the picture you can see what an invite looks like…
5. You add pins just like you would add a pin to any other board. Click on Pin It. Then you will find the collaboration board.
6. You will need to monitor your collaborative Pinners to make sure they are not pinning things you don’t want pinned to your board… you will definitely want to monitor the appropriateness of your students’ pins. If the time comes that you need to remove a pinner it is very easy. Click on edit board button. Scroll down to the collaborators section. Click the remove button next to the Pinner you would like to remove.