I love lemons! I came across an easy lemon curd recipe a few years ago that made my toes curl! I try to keep a jar of it in the frig at all times. I use the lemon curd on English Muffins, in cupcakes and pancakes… sometimes I just eat a spoonful of it! Here is the recipe!
Lemon Curd Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 3 lemons
- Melt the butter in the microwave. I like to melt mine in a glass measuring cup.
- Zest 3 lemons.
- Then squeeze the juice from the lemons into a measuring cup. You will need 1 cup of lemon juice. (I needed 4 lemons for the juice but you can top the cup off with bottled lemon juice.)
- Now, in a separate microwave safe bowl, mix you 3 eggs together.
- Add a cup of sugar to your eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Next add the lemon zest, lemon juice and melted butter to the eggs and sugar.
- Stir all ingredients until they are well incorporated.
- Put your mixture into the microwave in 1 minute intervals.
- After 1 minute, remove the mixture and stir.
- Repeat this process until the curd is slightly thick. I repeated the process about 8-10 times.
- Set the curd assigned until it has cooled. I let mine cool for about 4 hours. (You can strain the curd before allowing it to cool. Personally, I like leaving the lemon zest in the curd.)